Thursday, April 18, 2013

Power Rangers Critiques: Team Power Ups


Lights of Orion Armor
The first team power up used by the Galaxy Rangers. I thought this power up was cool and simplistic and I like that the golden cuffs on the the tops of the gloves and boot. I liked the claw arms but I did not the add-on to the Quasar Sabers. It looked really jagged and unsymmetrical to me. 

Overall Score 3/5


Super Dino Mode
The second team power up used by the Dino Rangers. I really like this power up. It heightens the scale markings and it gives the rangers more brute strength and stamina over a powerful weapons. It also show that a power up could be useful without having fancy weaponry.

Overall Score 5/5



Swat Mode
The third team power up used by the SPD Rangers. I thought this power up was cool and I liked that the rangers had to endure special training to use it. I thought the SWAT Mode fit really well with the Police Theme of the season however, with this power up hand-to-hand combat fight became less and less common and I thought the rangers became a bit lazy when they just started blasting things to finish a fight.

Overall Score 4/5


Legend Warrior
The fourth team power up used by the Mystic Rangers. I liked the shoulder padding and the Lion Staff but I could do without the rotary phone function I kind of felt that the rangers kind of got these in a bit of a lazily way. I just wished that they got this in a way that showed that their skills were evolving and so were their powers. 

Overall Score 3/5

Jungle Master Mode
The fifth team power up used by the Jungle Fury Rangers. I really thought the suit design showed that they were of a higher skill. However, I did not think the way they acquired the power up was a bit lack luster. I just wish that they had to show their skills to their Masters instead of just fighting their fears.

Overall Score 4/5

Super Samurai Mode
The sixth and most recent of the team power ups used by the Samurai Rangers. While they did not use this as a team power up per-say,  I'll still count it as such. I thought the back story on the power up was cool but it kind of dragged (like everything else in Samurai). Also, the power up didn't really show that it was a power up, it was just a fancy white vest.

Overall Score 2/5









No comments:

Post a Comment